Jump to content

Ognox

Members
  • Content Count

    10
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Ognox

  • Rank
    Beginner

Profile Information

  • Are you University user?
    Yes

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I am not assigning shell elements, check the properties of the previously attached file. CHECKEL seemed to help though but when I run analysis I get 0 displacement. Maybe this is related to several volumes generated by my tetramesh May I ask you to have a look at this? Optimization3.hm
  2. I have managed to save topology geometry as .stl, I opened it up and meshed it with tetramesh. I got no errors and successfully assigned material properties. However, my analysis check gives: Element # 77181, element type TETRA. *** PROGRAM STOPPED: ERRORS DURING ELEMENT QUALITY CHECK. Optimization1.fem I didn't get any errors while meshing but it seems that I may still have some free edges. What am I missing?
  3. I extract the surface (Tools->faces->find faces) and mesh it again (3D->tetramesh->mesh) and it says "...30 volumes meshed". I then try to assign the material property but it seems that part of my generated elements are of the invalid type (I tried changing the type too). Analysis check then gives a message: "No PSHELL properties exist in the bulk data" I tried exporting it as .stl getting a prompt to save invalid elements to user remark and the software can't read the file afterwards. I've gone through the tutorials and it seems very tedious in this case. I think I should somehow smoothen out the geometry. Any detailed advice on how to fix the geometry in Hypermesh?
  4. I have used OSSmooth command for my found topology but it seems impossible to re-run the analysis as it contains so many meshing errors. My element quality check identifies 4795 free edges. I tried re-meshing the whole volume and re-assign my design/non-design space but it didn't help. Is there any solution for this matter? Optimization.hm
  5. It seems that instead of volume minimization objective you have established compliance minimization. I looked it up and it means that you seek to maximize stiffeness by minimizing strain energy. Here the volume is just a constraint having an upper limit. Also, I'm not sure if my displacement is alright because it settles on such low value. Could you please explain this set up? Why didn't the volume objective work?
  6. Here's the file and a graph showing my jumping displacement. Again, I've tried different dconstraints but the results are as they are I think I understand what I'm doing so this very frustrating. File2.hm
  7. Rahul, I understand what you're saying and for simplicity changed my set-up to only solve a single load case now. As you said, now I have two load collectors, i.e. for constraints and the load separatelly. I had to use SPCADD card image for my load collector. I set the upper bound accordingly but still get "jumping" results. Could you go through my setup? File1.hm I tried including non-design space for forces - did not help
  8. Here's my hm file. File.hm I'm trying to solve load collectors auto1 and loadcol1 separatelly (the file is currently set for loadcol1). What am I missing? P.S. Do you know how to merge the topologies of both cases afterwards?
  9. I have response as total displacement and have tried different variations of dconstraints for boundaries, e.g.:
  10. I'm doing a very simple optimization. The model is constrained at the fixtrue holes and a load is applied at some nodes on one face. I set my optimization objective to minimize the volume and established dconstraint for the displacement not to exceed 2mm. I run opimization, get feasible design and convergence but my displacement responce curve seems to diverge. Below there're three graphs of my results. In the case of convergence it should go down, not jump arround and go as high as 30mm displacement. Constraint violation stops signaling too and it takes 27 iterations to finish (doesn't even need to go up to 30 iteration default limit) Analysis log.txt
×
×
  • Create New...