HALSCHEB

meshing with hex8, tube with bore and node compatible areas

I've got problems meshing a part of a tube. Like you can see in the picture it's the middle part and I have to connect the mesh to the other meshs.

I'm quite new to HM so meshing with node compatible meshs with hex8 seems to be quite difficult. The tube hast rings on it assembled with a shrink fit, therefore I need it to be node compatible.

Thanks for your help !

post-31592-0-65035800-1398848615_thumb.j

Hello Halscheb,

Mesh the outer and inner surfaces with same no of elements and also try to match the no of elements with the existing mesh.

And then

go to > 3D > Solid Map > general give all the parameters like source, destination geometries etc., Give the holes lines as "along geometry", 

Hex mesh is a bit difficult compared to other mesh types. Try doing it with more number of iterations.

Regards

Raviteja

Hello Halscheb,

Mesh the outer and inner surfaces with same no of elements and also try to match the no of elements with the existing mesh.

And then

go to > 3D > Solid Map > general give all the parameters like source, destination geometries etc., Give the holes lines as "along geometry", 

Hex mesh is a bit difficult compared to other mesh types. Try doing it with more number of iterations.

Regards

Raviteja

May be this option works but its leads to element quality issues. try it.