Sign in to follow this  
ChiaBr

Tet4 or Tet10 Mesh?

Hello everybody :)

One short question:

I'm working with a STL-File, so I've only got a surface with only triangles. To generate a mesh, I used the Standard Tetra Mesher. My question is, if Hypermesh automatically created Tetra-elements first order or second order? My results are very bad, therefore it would be helpful probably, to create a Mesh with tetra-elements second order.

Regards,

ChiaBr

If you are running LS-DYNA and is unhappy with your results with Tet-4 elems, you could also try to use element formulation 13 for your tets. They should be less prone to volumetric locking then for instance.

BR

Jonas

Thank you for your response again.

My solver is LS Dyna. Is it possible to run a implicit calculation with TET-10 elements?

Regards,

ChiaBr

We never use 2nd degre elements with LS-DYNA.

You can change the order of element from 1st order to 2nd and vice versa as well without deleting the existing one from 3D - Order change - 1st or 2nd.

It's better to work on tet4 for Implicit Calculations else the tet10 is not being significant to work with. But i am not sure about LS Dyna whether it is feasible to do on LS Dyna for Implicit with Tet10.