Sign in to follow this  
avrilcop

want to create a volume tetra mesh with a inner surface trimesh as a constrain

I want to gnenerate volume tetrahedron mesh based on surface meshes. Let's say I creat a cube and a surface inside the cube, I first mesh the surface with tri mesh and then I want to mesh the whole volme base on the surface mesh I just create. Is there a way to do that in hypermesh. I tried to use 3D tetra volume mesh but it seems not wokring. Can someone give me some hints?

Hi Avirlcop

after meshing the surface, you mesh the outer of cube (tria elems)

and then enter 3D>>Tetramesh>>tetra mesh (not "volume tetra")

change option to "fixed trias/quads" and select all tria elems (on surfs and on cube)

then tetra elems will be mapped to the elems

Hi,

what should work is this: First, tetramesh your volume without taking into account the tria mesh on the inner surface. Next, go to "Tetra Remesh" select the tetraelements AND select the tria elements of the inner surface as "2D baffle elements" and remesh the volume.

Regards

Additional comment:

Having recent HM11.0 updates installed, this should work also directly with "Tetra mesh". If you select all tria elements (including the ones on your inner surface) the inner trai elements are automatically taken into account in your tetramesh. (I recall that this was not possible previously, so checking for updates and corresponding release notes may really solve the issue in this case)

Regards,

hi,

I am having the same problem. as I am trying tetramesh, it says mesh is not enclosed.

What could be the possible solution? any help would be great as I am a beginner in hypermesh and I am trying to learn from online tutorials.

Thanks.