Sign in to follow this  
Rahul Ponginan

Exporting Radioss results after simulating a stamping process

Hi guys,
I have simulated a stammping process of a blank and now I want to do a crash test simulation with it,
how can I export the Radioss results(with thickness, residual stresses, etc.) to open in HyperCrash or Hypermesh.
Thanks a lot.

Hi Saulo,

Results initialization in HyperWorks is best done through the Results initializer.

Results initailizer is a new tool developed under HyperMesh version 11.0 environment to seamlessly integrate stamping results from RADIOSS one step solver to structural CAE models

The Results Initializer is a tool that allows you to quickly initialize the sheet metal components in the crash model with stamping history (strain, thickness) but staying within the Engineering Solution’s Crash pre-processing environment. HyperForm's One-Step solver capability is leveraged in this tool for estimation of the stamping history.

See http://www.altairhyperworks.com/hwhelp/Altair/hw11.0/help/engsol/engsol.aspx

Hi,

I have used Results Initializer (Engineering Solutions) to perform one-step stamping simulation. After this stage the crash model does have include files, but when I run the simulation there are no residual plastic strains meaning the results from the previous stage are not included.

results initializer.rar