Sign in to follow this  
Sofia

supports error

Hello,
I am new in Inspire and I am trying to do a basic simple optimisation.
What I get is an error that "the model is improperly supported" and that "the model must be supported so that is can't translate or rotate in any direction". Now, I know what this means but the problem is that I have older files where only the design space is different and the supports remain the same and I didnt have any issues. So i just dont know what it wants me to put there. I have tried to put more or less supports but i get the same error. This should be a quick optimization in order to compare the results with another software since Inspire is more reliable.
I use Inspire version 9.5, build 3387. Please help. 

P.S. I attached two images of the older file that works and the new that doesn't. These are the links:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7pHiGjMuzIhcEo4c1ZPblJ5OVE/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7pHiGjMuzIhQl8yeTJfZlJCQTQ/view?usp=sharing

Sofia,

I was able to run the optimization when I remove the penetration at the top, the blocks at the top where you apply your forces, penetrate your design space, this is not good practise,

The meshes of these components will intersect and penetrate each other,

Ok thank you a lot Rahul for your response. Since the error was about the supports, I didn't think that the loads could be the problem. Anyway you have a very good support. Thanx again

I'm doing drone optimization. And my problem is that despite the Boolean style I added parts holders and disappeared at the very end of the currency? Where can you be a problem?