aecyd

Lattice structures

On 5/4/2016 at 3:23 PM, ahenkes1 said:

Ok, thank you, but is there a method to export the lattice grid as GEOMETRY?

HI,

There is no direct method to export to a printable format. Such an option is under development.

Interfacing with 3-MaticSTL by Materilise may help for now.

I'm having difficulty with the steps on slide 14. I can't find the Optistruct GUI as I am using the student version, and if I just edit the file, save it and press optistruct on the analysis tab, it doesn't give me a lattice structure. Can you help?

Hi @sch

5 hours ago, sch said:

I can't find the Optistruct GUI as I am using the student version

Make sure the run option is set to Optimization instead of Analysis as shown in the image:

OPtiGUI.PNG

I tried to do this, and it didn't work. I opened the .fem file and added the LATTICE1 card, then saved it. Then set the input file as lattice_01.fem. It asks me to overwrite the file and I click yes. But after it runs, it doesn't create a jobname_lattice.fem file. I then changed the input file name as lattice_01_lattice.fem to try to change this. I pressed Optistruct, looked at the file, which didn't give me the lattice beams, then re-ran the file, which didn't give me anything new. 

I did notice that I keep getting this note on the output file, 

NOTE # 7500
 DOPTPRM, POROSITY is valid with lattice optimization only.
 Optimization problem is set to regular topology.

Is this the problem? 

Ok it works now. I ended up directly using the lattice option in the topology optimization card, and it works perfectly fine. 

Hi,

Any update concerning the exporting problem with lattices structures ? Is it still not possible to export an optimized lattices structures to an STL file (or STEP or IGES before converting it to STL)

Moreover does someones have any informations concerning the 3 types of structures supported by HyperWorks ? Tutorial would be perfect

Regards,

Quentin.

Hi,

For lattice structures, we do not have a direct link to any printable format yet. We currently interface with 3-maticSTL from Materialise. The process then continues from there in Magics (also from Materialise) where the manufacturing considerations are accounted for, i.e. slicing, support structure, etc., and then finally written out in a printer appropriate format. 

Materialise is one of the software available through Altair Partner Alliance.

@Sandeep P

Create a new forum post and please do not post in existing threads and also do not create multiple threads with same question. This may cause problem to other users.

5 hours ago, Prakash Pagadala said:

Hi,

For lattice structures, we do not have a direct link to any printable format yet. We currently interface with 3-maticSTL from Materialise. The process then continues from there in Magics (also from Materialise) where the manufacturing considerations are accounted for, i.e. slicing, support structure, etc., and then finally written out in a printer appropriate format. 

Materialise is one of the software available through Altair Partner Alliance.

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your answer ! It is really usefull !

Moreover do you know what kind of lattices sturctures are supported in HyperWorks ? I have seen that we have the choice between 3 types and at the moment HyperWorks only support 3 types of structures but I can't see the difference between those 3 types.

Regards.

On 4/5/2016 at 11:53 AM, ahenkes1 said:

Ok, thank you, but is there a method to export the lattice grid as GEOMETRY?

Hello,

if you still need it, contact me and i will export lattice as geometry IGES or STL.

On 13/3/2017 at 10:50 AM, Petavy said:

Hi,

Any update concerning the exporting problem with lattices structures ? Is it still not possible to export an optimized lattices structures to an STL file (or STEP or IGES before converting it to STL)

Moreover does someones have any informations concerning the 3 types of structures supported by HyperWorks ? Tutorial would be perfect

Regards,

Quentin.

Hello,

if you still need it, contact me and i will export lattice as geometry IGES or STL.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:55 AM, leox said:

Hello,

Hello, could you please help me, I have the same problem. Let me know. Thank you

On 8/1/2017 at 12:50 PM, leox said:

Hello,

@leox,

Could you help me for convert to STL or IGES from fem.

Thank you.