Derek Campbell

Notifications

Hello Derek

Each registered member of the Forum can determine how (and if) notifications should be done. These settings are available when you edit your profile (click on your name at the top right hand corner once you have logged in).

I should probably also mention that you can (and should) follow forums, such as FEKO, and also individual topics. If the chatter on a specific topic becomes too much and you are not interested in the topic, you can also stop following a topic. The follow/unfollow buttons are also at the top right hand side of the web page.

Thank you, JIF.  I posted this question to test whether me following the forum would in fact send me E-mail notifications.  I have not received a notification for my question or your answers.  I'm not following this specific thread, but rather the entire FEKO forum.  Should this be sufficient to receive notifications for all threads and the respective answers?  I have also verified the settings in my profile are set to E-mail me notifications.  CJ has asked me to contact you regarding this issue.

I think this question then becomes something that some of the admins of the forum needs to answer.

I can simply state what I have done and what I'm seeing. I have enabled email notification in my profile  - I set it to immediate and then also read through the long list of options and selected the options that I think would work best for me (I was quite liberal with the notifications, at least initially). I also only followed the FEKO forum and that is why (I think) I received your question (this topic) via email. I replied twice and did not receive notifications - I consider this acceptable for me. This morning, I again received an email with your follow-up question. For me, the noticiation works as I would expect. I hope this helps.

Did you check your spam folder?

Maybe some of the others would like to indicate what notifications they received (or did not receive)?

When you follow a forum like feko, you will receive a notification for every new topic created here, you may not always receive a notification for your own topic. 

When you follow a topic, you will receive notifications for every new answer (called post) 

In notification options in my settings, you can if you want set it to automatically give you notifications for every new post of a topic you reply to, you can use this option.