Sign in to follow this  
ChiaBr

Distance between nodes

Hello everybody :)

I'm working with ls dyna as solver and have a question about distance measurements.

I want to measure the distance between two nodes during a simulation. I simulate a moving sled with a person on it. The distance between two nodes of the person should be compared at the beginning and after a certain time is over.

Does some of you maybe have an idea how to measure and compare the distance of two nodes?

Regards,

ChiaBr

Thank you for your quick answer! :)

I will try it this way. 

How I've already written, I measure the distance between two point. To be more specific, I measure the distance between two nodes, which are located on a rib of a human model on the left and right side. This distance - before simulation starts (before impact to the whole human body begins) - should be compared to the distance of this two nodes after simulation. 

Is it possible, to write a (mathematical) script in hyperview, that calculates the quotient ( new distance / initial distance ) ? Or do you have another idea for this problem?

Thanks for supporting again!

Regards,

ChiaBr

Is it possible, to write a script in Hyperview, 

It is possible to create scripts in HyperView, see Hyperview help for more information on this,

however I am surprised you need to automate this, when you can use " measure" as suggested above and just divide it easily with the initial value,

When you are in the measure panel, you can just say create curve and then divide with a particular value etc in HyperGraph y defining a new curve with "math"