Mirino

Beam: dispaly shear stress

Hi. How I would like to display the shear stresses on the beam. I have tried searching on control cards --> global output request but I haven't found anything.

Hi Mirino,

Have you defined stress recovery points on PBEAM?

you must define the stress recovery points (C D E F) in the PBEAM card to extract the results.The stress recovery point location is different for different beam/bar cross section. 

Please refer to PBEAm/PBAR, PBEAML/PBARL card for more information.

post-7616-0-22793500-1433483974_thumb.jp

Hi,

When you load h3d result file in HyperView, you can see a new result type like "CBAR/CBEAM Stresses (BAR)", "BAR" in the parentheses is the type name of beam cross section. That means each cross-section type has its own result group. 
And you can review all the evaluation stresses (normal, shear, and von Mises) for each cross-section type, at each element end (A or B). 

For instance, 
Normal S3N(B) : means normal stress at the 3-th evaluation point of the beam element end B;
Shear S6S(A) : means shear stress at the 6-th evaluation point of the beam element end A;
von Mises S5V(B) : means von Mises stress at the 5-th evaluation point of the beam element end B. 

And you can see maximum normal/shear/vonMises stress at the end. 

Hi,

I'm currently working on a solid. Is there a similar card as PBEAM for the solids in order to get the shear stress? In fact I cannot find any PBEAM or CBAR card on my hypermesh model..

Thank you,

Guerric