jrtank

Use Temperature as Load

Hello,

Can anyone help to understand how do I apply Temperature as Load instead of Heat Flux as in tutorial "OS-1090_ Linear Transient Heat Transfer Analysis of an Extended Surface Heat Transfer Fin".

On the Surface where heat flux is applied i need to apply temperature say (150°C).

Analysis > Temperatures > Create should do it.

I created as u suggested on the nodes of 1 face. But I am getting error.

Actually I am applying the temperature load in cycle and hence I am using TLOAD1 card in an load collector in which a table is used to excite the load.

The error message states "EXCITEID on TLOAD1,7 card references nonexistent DAREA,11."

Hi,

Analysis > Constraints > Uncheck all the DOF’s > Load type > SPC

Now, Card edit this load collector with Config as const and type as SPC > Edit > in the filed D enter the temperature value.

Hello,

I try to run thermal analysis using temperature load. I have only one component. I want to apply different temperatures on different surfaces. But I am getting error. Is it  possible to specify more than one TEMP or TEMPD load? 

Hi Nihan,

TEMPD card can be used to assign a temperature for those grid/s that have not been given a temperature on a TEMP entry.

So for the same component you can pick few nodes and assign the temperature using TEMP card and for the remaining nodes assign a different temperature value using TEMPD card.

Thanks

Vikas