Sign in to follow this  
Dylan Stelzer

Problems with Maintaining BC's Whilst Using OSSmooth

Hello,

I currently have finished a model that contains structural and thermal loading. I used OS to conduct an optimization run and came out with a density model at the end. I created a new page in HyperMesh, went to the OSSmooth model, and performed the procedure to run the post-processing tool (FEA Reanalysis, put in the .fem file, put in the .sh file, set the threshold to 0.5, etc. etc.). After doing all of this and running OSSmooth, I end up with the final iteration model that I saw in HyperView, with almost the exact same BC's, materials, and loadsteps...the problem then seems to be that there are a few things that didn't transfer over. There is an error in the conduction interface card (3rd column of CHBDYE) and none of the heat SPC's or heat loads (flux) transferred over to the model but all of the force SPC's and force loads did. Why did the all of the force transfer correctly but none of the thermal? I'm investigating the problem currently but if anyone has any insight or help for this same type of problem, anything is appreciated. Thanks!

Dylan Stelzer