RishabhAwasthi

Mesh preview of face groups under mesh control

·         Can we preview the mesh on face group under mesh control option such as isoline and Cylinders instead of developing  mesh for the entire geometry? We can generate and view local surface mesh on face groups but not on faces under mesh control.

Since simlab is the automated way of generating mesh. it is not possible to preview mesh before mesh.

You can pick desired face and mesh only that region ,instead of whole body using surface mesh.

After applying local mesh control and once meshing is done you can crosscheck mesh using transfer option.

Regards

Rahul R

Sir,

The geometry I am working has unwanted shared edges which I suppress before performing the 2d mesh. In simlab, is there an option to do the same ? I have to remesh those areas in hypermesh which consumes time. 

Regards,

Rishabh

Hi,

It is recommended to use simlab right from the beginning with CAD geometry. 

Face mesh control with merged faces option would help you to avoid tiny elements in that region.

Switching to Hm is not good option.please refer attached screenshot for your reference.

Rahul R

Select complex face.JPG

complex face with feature line.JPG

Face mesh with merged face.JPG

output.JPG