Alberto.Zapolla

Symmetry Constrains

Suppose the symmetrical plane is XY. You'll work with only a half. The following constrains should be applied to all node on symmetrical  plane :

• Translation according to Z should be Zero
  • Rotation around X should be Zero
  • Rotation around Y should be Zero

Hey b.o.alpers,

As to what I know it is not possible in Hyperworks. I asked for such an option a few months ago, as to do an axisymmetric analysis. The response was no, it does not exist. The minimum you can do is therefore the quarter.

Regards,

16 hours ago, Alice said:

Hey b.o.alpers,

As to what I know it is not possible in Hyperworks. I asked for such an option a few months ago, as to do an axisymmetric analysis. The response was no, it does not exist. The minimum you can do is therefore the quarter.

Regards,

It is possible, you need y-constraint in cylindrical displacement system instead of ordinary rectangular one

Hi tinh,

Thanks for your answer. How is that possible to define ? I precise that I personnaly work with Hypermesh/Radioss, and my problem of an axisymmetric simulation in implicit simulation was not solve.

Thanks,

Is this like assigning the nodes of the surface to the cylindrical coordinate system?

Because I found no option to assign a spc to a other coordinate system (other like forces, which can be assigned)