Giri

Hypermesh - Aerospace - Sewing Tools

I am using the function sewing tools function from Aerospace module. I have a doubt.
 How can I verify  whether all the GFEM are attached to DFEM? via RBE3.

Thanks.

Hi,

Are you getting any error while solving?

Basic objective of sewing tool is to connect GFEM to DFEM using RBE3.So its all about setting of height & node snap parameter.

If it is creating RBE3 in unnecessary location then you can recreate by not selecting elements of those region.

To verify this i dont see any option.

Regards

Rahul R

24 minutes ago, Rahul R said:

Hi,

Are you getting any error while solving?

Basic objective of sewing tool is to connect GFEM to DFEM using RBE3.So its all about setting of height & node snap parameter.

If it is creating RBE3 in unnecessary location then you can recreate by not selecting elements of those region.

To verify this i dont see any option.

Regards

Rahul R

No error while solving.

The rbe3 elements look fine visually. But, post processing, I get huge displacements and stress. I am curious to find out whether the connection between GFEM and DFEM didn't happen correctly.

Thanks Rahul.

Hi Giri,

You can use Edges panel to check if there is any nodal disconnection among the elements.

Go to Tools page>> Edges>> Select all elements/components>> Preview equiv (to see the disconnected nodes)>> Equivalence connect the disconnected to the nearest node.

4 hours ago, Prakash Pagadala said:

Hi Giri,

You can use Edges panel to check if there is any nodal disconnection among the elements.

Go to Tools page>> Edges>> Select all elements/components>> Preview equiv (to see the disconnected nodes)>> Equivalence connect the disconnected to the nearest node.

Good idea. Never thought about that. Will give it a try.

Thanks Prakash.