Jump to content
Mubeen

Tutorial "Utility Menu Macro from a Tcl Script" not working

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I am new to Hypermesh and I have to focus on scripting/macros/user menus.


So I started with the tutorials about HyperMesh customization.


There is a tutorial available in HyperWorks Help: "HM-8040: Create a Utility Menu Macro from a Tcl Script"


The link for tutorial (in standard installation of HyperMesh) is:


file:///C:/Program%20Files/Altair/11.0/help/hwtut/hwtut.htm?8040.htm


I followed the procedure exactly, and very carefully, however at the end, I found that there was no new button created for my macro which runs the file saving tcl script :(


The Utility menu's userpage was totally blank.


 


Is there any reason known to create this problem?


This is a very basic level tutorial and it is not working with the perfectly fine installtion of HyperMesh that runs flawlessly with interactive operations.


Any sort of help is welcomed.


 


Best regards,


Mubeen.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Hello,


 


First step:


You have to modify the userpage.mac in c:\Program Files\Altair\11.0\hm\bin\win64\userpage.mac


(be sure that you save the line


*createbutton(5,"SaveFile TCL",15,0,10,GREEN,"Save file using TCL macro", "EvalTcl","savefile.tcl")


into this file)


 


 


Second step:


Copy savefile.tcl into c:\Program Files\Altair\11.0\hm\scripts\


 


Look at Utility->User for the Button...


 


Thats all


Regards,


Mario

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mario,

Thank you for the advice.

 

I was unable to see my macro created button as well as all of these default buttons in Utility Menu:
Geom/Mesh   User
Disp               QA/Model


 

I was following the procedure mentioned in your comment, but the buttons weren't visible so I thought it might be due to HyperMesh settings.

 

Fortunately I was able to figure out the cause of this problem, the macro menu in Utility tab was disabled by default in HyperMesh, I replaced 0 by 1 in the macro "macroMacroMenuStatus" in the end of globalpage.mac file. So the buttons became visible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...