DianeHageman

Create system on curved surface for springs

Hi,  I have several curved surfaces in a Hypermesh shell model (user profile is Nastran).  I want to connect several different components together with spring elements.  I would like to define a local system at each node on a line(s) which could be assigned/used for the spring elements.  Can anyone help with a way to automate this process?  I am using Hypermesh v11.

Any help is appreciated!

Systems.thumb.JPG.8dab4585e7c2ee9b37d969Hi,

While creating springs i believe one have option to create LCS in Hypermesh using options subpanel.See attahced screenshot.

Regards

Rahul R

Spot weld.JPG

Systems.JPG

Systems.JPG

Edited by Rahul R

Rahul,

Thank you for the help.  I should have mentioned that I am using v11 Hypermesh.  I do not have the "options" button.  Instead, there is a dropdown menu for No systems, single system, 1 sys per layer, or 2 sys per layer.  When I choose one of the sys choices, I do not see any systems being created.  Maybe I am not understanding the drop-down menu choices?

Kind regards,

Diane

Rahul,

I found another panel for spot welds that does include an option to "build systems".  I didn't realize that sometimes there are slightly different panels for what seems like the same task.  Thank you - you have made my day!

Diane