Sign in to follow this  
aajjbb

HyperWorks 13 License Issue

Hi,

I've just downloaded HyperWorks 13 Student Edition and it doesn't work due to license issues. The error is this one.

Altair License Manager: License error

Feature: GlobalZoneEU

Error Code: 9

Error Description:

[LOCAL] C:/Program Files/Altair/13.0-edu/security/altair_lic.dat - (Err: 9) Feature not found

Feature: HyperMesh

Error Code: 9

Error Description:

[LOCAL] C:/Program Files/Altair/13.0-edu/security/altair_lic.dat - (Err: 9) Feature not found

License Path: C:/Program Files/Altair/13.0-edu/security/altair_lic.dat"

I'm currently using Windows 8. I think one of the possible issues that the program used to get my Ethernet ID returns that it is "000000000000" which is really suspicious.

How to fix it ? 

I see that you have entered a series of zeroes as the Ethernet ID, although this may have been the result from the mac id tool, it is not the right ID of your machine.

The Ethernet ID is the id of your machine is exactly 12 hexadecimal numbers. For example D4WRF478F398

Please check your computer’s Ethernet address, by using the almutil -hostid application from the Start > Altair > Tools > Admin tools Menu

The listed Host ID should be used to generate the license file,

You can also find it by running ipconfig/all in command window and check for physical address under Ethernet adapter local area connection:

cid:image003.png@01CF0B7F.86CDCC60

Regards

Hello,

This program's output only show's host ID for my hard disk and my virtual ethernet adapters (I think it's from VMWare). It does now show any information about my WLAN adapter neither my Ethernet adapter (which I don't use).

How proceed ?