Agassi

How to choose required element type in Batchmesher

Hello everyone,

My objective is to create R-tria mesh for a casting part and i would like to use BatchMesher for this process. In batchmesher i was only able to find two types of Elements i.e trias and quads.

1. But i would like to create mesh using R-trias.
  2. And also i want to create 3 element rows on Fillet (i am attching the images where i found this option but not working)

Please help me with this problems, thanks in advance

Agassi

Unbenannt.PNG

In batchmesher the available element types for meshing are mixed, trias and quads.

Instead you can use Mesh>>Mesh Controls panel. Mesh controls are used to automate and streamline the meshing process.

Select the surface to mesh and there you will get the option to input the element type as R-Trias. Create a mesh in the Mesh Controls tab by right-clicking on the Surface Mesh  and selecting Mesh from the context menu.

Please ensure that you have entered the correct radius and width values for surface fillet recognition. This rule does not apply to fillets with an average element width below or above the defined ranges of non-uniform fillet strips .

Untitled.png

On 6/5/2016 at 3:14 PM, Agassi said:

Hello everyone,

My objective is to create R-tria mesh for a casting part and i would like to use BatchMesher for this process. In batchmesher i was only able to find two types of Elements i.e trias and quads.

1. But i would like to create mesh using R-trias.
  2. And also i want to create 3 element rows on Fillet (i am attching the images where i found this option but not working)

Please help me with this problems, thanks in advance

Agassi

Unbenannt.PNG

If there is not an element type option. you can add a script to "User Procedures" tab

example script file name split_to_R_trias.tcl :

proc split_quad_to_Rtrias {} {*createmark elems 1 "by config" quad4; if {[hm_marklength elems 1]} {*splitelements 2 1}}

you add a new User Procedure and select above tcl file as TCL File, select "split_quad_to_Rtrias" as TCL Procedure

Finally select this user procedure as "post-mesh" procedure on tab Run Setup

Agassi and Rahul R like this