Sign in to follow this  
MatthiasTaubert

License Borrow Hyperworks 13.0

Hi,

im currently working on a project with Hypermesh and need to borrow some licenses over the weekend, since i won't be around LAN or WLAN.

I remembered it was possible but i can't find a real explaination how it's done. My Version is HW 13.0

I hope, you can help me.

Thank you very much

Matthias

Hey guys,

maybe to complete this...one more quesiton

I created a .bat file for borrowing 24h which looks like this

cd C:\"Program Files"\Altair\2018\security\bin\win64\
almutil.exe -borrow 24

now it tells me to open the the software tools I want to borrow.

Now the question is: How to open a solver?! I want to borrow the optistruct solver. Starting optistruct.exe (the solver interface from the start menu) did not get me opstistruct to run when I disconnected from the network where my license server is.... how can I borrow the solver?!

Merula

That worked! Thanks...!

It seems a bit off to me that you have to start a run just to borrow a license but okay, I can live with that.

I noticed Hyperworks does take a lot more time to start when working with borrowed licenses (start of hypermesh as well as the start of the solver) ... I guess  it tries to reach the license server from the system variable first and after a timeout, the borrowed licenses come into play... is there a way to solve this issue?

I know that this is complaining on high standards  ;) But it would help me a lot as I have to open hypermesh a lot as I am testing automated setup procedures

Thanks and best regards

Merula