maysam

Free edges/faces appear after using Tetra remesh

I was wondering why I get some messed up mesh (and consequently some free faces flying around, marked in the screenshot) when I use tetra remesh to take care of tetra collapse and other element check factors. I need to mesh the transition layer you see in the attached screenshots. When I tetramesh it, it's ok and no free edges/faces. But after remeshing the tetramesh locations with problematic tetra collapse, I end up with some weird elements protruding to others and some free edges/faces that even equivalence couldn't get rid of them!

Any help/idea is greatly appreciated. Also let me know if you know a better way to mesh this transition than tetramesh (the area of the inner squares are 1/4 of outer squares).

Thanks a lot,

Maysam

111.JPG

222.JPG

Hi,

Are you using partial remeshing? I remember I encountered similar problems when only remeshing part of my mesh. The problem is gone once remesh the entire mesh.

Cheers,

Wensong

19 hours ago, Rahul R said:

Could you share us HM file?I believe you are aware hex mesh transition.

Yes Rahul, I know about hexa mesh transition but it needed more preparation also the mesh is not in a critical location and only will transfer the stresses/strain so I decided to go for tetra. But you're right hexa transition is much better and more reliable.

18 hours ago, zhangws55 said:

Hi,

Are you using partial remeshing? I remember I encountered similar problems when only remeshing part of my mesh. The problem is gone once remesh the entire mesh.

Cheers,

Wensong

Exactly!! The partial remeshing brings up the problem. I just remeshed the whole part again and it went ok but the moment I try to fix the problematic elements (like tetra collapse or aspect ratio) by remeshing them, it just messes everything up again! I think I finally go with Rahul's idea of doing it with hexa mesh.