maysam

plot an element's stress vs time

I'm trying to plot an element's von mises stress vs time but mises is deactivated when i want to choose it for y-axis. I'm new to HyperView. Could anyone help me figure this out?

Attached screenshot shows the issue.

Thanks,

Maysam

aaa.JPG

Even when I just use the "Build Plots" button in HyperView then select what I want to be plotted for a specific element, it just doesn't plot anything :/

The time history shows the change of von Mises correctly and I just want a simple plot of it versus time! I'm really confused! What am I missing!!?

bbb.JPG

11 hours ago, maysam said:

I'm trying to plot an element's von mises stress vs time but mises is deactivated when i want to choose it for y-axis. I'm new to HyperView. Could anyone help me figure this out?

Attached screenshot shows the issue.

Thanks,

Maysam

Hi Maysam,

Please type the element number near the Y-Request filter and select the element from the list. Then choose the Y component and try to plot the graph.

Capture.PNG

9 hours ago, maysam said:

Even when I just use the "Build Plots" button in HyperView then select what I want to be plotted for a specific element, it just doesn't plot anything :/

The time history shows the change of von Mises correctly and I just want a simple plot of it versus time! I'm really confused! What am I missing!!?

bbb.JPG

Hi Maysam,

Can you try the same by selecting the element id (Clicking on elements in request panel>>by ID>>give the element id>>add) and plot?.

If not working,please share the files to the dropbox.