yzy10015102

gravity

But I don't want to make the material density to zero where I don’t need gravity load to be applied.

Are there any other ways to apply gravity to the parts/component apart from making other parts/component's material density to zero in OptiStruct?

It seems like similiar requirement can be achieved in RADIOSS.

But I don't want to make the material density to zero where I don’t need gravity load to be applied.

Are there any other ways to apply gravity to the parts/component apart from making other parts/component's material density to zero in OptiStruct?

It seems like similiar requirement can be achieved in RADIOSS.

Hi,

yes, you can apply to a single entity in RADIOSS.

One other work around is, apply as a load on the elements/nodes of the part in OptiStruct

Dear all,

I work with v14.0 (see attached picture) but ACCEL, ACCEL1 and ACCEL2 cards are not supported.

I can't find them anywhere in Optistruct and when I try to open accel.fem I get an error message saying "Unsupported cards found in the bulk data section have been written as unsupported bulk control card."

Any idea why?

To work around this problem, can I create GRAV cards (3 of them needed) and gather them with a loadcollector with Mload card?

I work on a static analysis optimization with only one part (one body).

Thanks a lot

Florian Kimmerlin

Capture.PNG

Hi @Florian Kimmerlin

Accel# cards are introduced in one of 14.0 of updates. So you may not be able to add the same in 14.0.

Yes, you can use gravity instead but Gravity will apply to the entire model whereas ACCEL1 and ACCEL2 you have freedom to choose node(s)/sets