Sign in to follow this  
hubéry10

How to simulate failure theory of laminate

Hi,

i built my model in hypermesch with shell elements, this elements have a PCOMP property with three layers. So how can I simulate wheter the Shell elements are safe or fail? I found a Website http://altairatc.com/europe/EHTC2011-Abstracts/EHTC-Presentations-2011/Session_12/AgustaWestland_presentation.pdf and there they talk about a Skript called HM_PE.tcl. So where can i find this Skript or is there any other Analysis i can make?

Kind regards 

Hi,

The script specified is a a subroutine written by the company. 

Usually you can include failure theory within PCOMPP/PCOMP and look at the failure indices or Strength ratios to know about integrity of the ply.

@hubéry10

Please add CFAILURE to output failure indices.

Go to Control Cards>> Global Output Request>> CFAILURE. Also make sure you have selected SOUT>>YES in PCOMP/PCOMPG to write out failure indices, composite stress, strain for individual plies.

Please note:  When CFAILURE is not present, composite strength ratios are not output. CSTRESS and CSTRAIN entries cannot be used to request failure indices.

Hi,

What is the version of HyperWorks are you using?

as a workaround, please edit the model file in any text editor and add the CFAILURE card as shown below:

cfailure.PNG