Sign in to follow this  
Swapy

Pattern repetition using optistruct

Hello,

I am currently working on a model, demanding topology optimization and patterns repetition. I am done with topology optimization of one cell but facing some problem working with pattern repetition. I get  error saying  *** ERROR # 729 *** Any design property can only be referenced by one DTPL or DSIZE card.  multi-referenced property id = 1. I have attached file for optimization of unit cell and image of expected results after pattern repetition.

Please respond if anyone has even a slightest of idea.

Thanks in advance.

10.fem

IMG_3016.JPG

10.png

Thanks for replying Prakash :)

How can I do pattern repetition if I wish to have 3 models repeated in single row as shown in attached images?IMG_3016.JPG10.png similar results in row?

@Swapy

For pattern repetition you need a master and slave(s) components. So one a single property it is not possible to get a similar pattern.

Possible Workaround: Divide the component into different properties (3 in your case), define 3 DTPL setups and assign pattern repetition constraint on these properties. 

Give the above a try and check if you get results as expected.