chickichik

define transversal permeability related to the longitudinal field

Dear users,

I am working on the modelling of a material having the shape of a "wire" (circular cross-section along axes x and y and longitudinal dimension along axis z).

the "transversal" permeability of the wire (i.e., the permeability µt linking the circular magnetic field, created, for example, by a current running through the wire) is linked to the magnetic field along the z axis.

Is it possible to enter such a relation (between µt and Hz) in Flux ?

Thank you very much for your consideration. Best regards.

chickichik

PS: I just had an additionnal question just now: is it possible to simulate this material with the above mentionned conditions, without a 3D simulation (is it possible to link the transversal permability µt to a field Hz even if there is no "z" axis as I am in 2D).

Thnak you for your help. Best regards.

chickichik

Hello chikichik,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to do such computation in Flux, because the H calculated depends of your ut, depending of H, ... , and this recursive calculation can not be taken into account in Flux. 

About your additionnal question: when a device is simulated in 2D, the hypothesis is done that all magnetic flux stays in the plane (because we consider a plane extruded to infinite, or an axy-symmetric device, depending of the application you set). That means the z components of H and B are equal to 0, and can not be used in 2D.

I hope this helps!

Best regards