Hi all,

Hopefully a really simple one to solve.

I have a simple model, working as a demonstrator.

2 Components, one locked in place whilst the other is driven into it. I have a contact between the two.

I need the simulation to terminate when the contact force reaches 100kN. I believe the strategy is /STOP/LSENSOR. Sensor = /Sensor/INTER... TYPE 6.

However, I cannot get the simulation to kill at 100kN.

Here is the sensor (Fmin = -1, Fmax = 100).

## Sensors
##--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/SENSOR/INTER/1
SENSOR                                                                                             

1                          -1.0               100.0                 0.0

The issue seems to be when the simulation starts, the sensor activates. I've run the model without the sensor and it ranges from 0 to 200kN. I have tried varying the numbers but that does not alter the outcome, every attempt begins with sensor being activated.

HELP!!!!

Many thanks in advance.

Andy

Hi Andy,

As a workaround, select the direction as Normal Force and provide only Fmax. 

If you still face issues, please share the model (starter and engine files) files.

Many thanks George,

I managed to get it working. Here's what worked in the end....

#---1----|----2----|----3----|----4----|----5----|----6----|----7----|----8----|----9----|---10----|
/SENSOR/INTER/1
SENSOR
#         Tdelay
#   Interf       DIR                Fmin                Fmax                Tmin
         1        NF               -50000              3200                    0.000

On 1/24/2017 at 8:45 PM, Andy@LamteqSolutions said:

Many thanks George,

I managed to get it working. Here's what worked in the end....

#---1----|----2----|----3----|----4----|----5----|----6----|----7----|----8----|----9----|---10----|
/SENSOR/INTER/1
SENSOR
#         Tdelay
#   Interf       DIR                Fmin                Fmax                Tmin
         1        NF               -50000              3200                    0.000

how did you work out in this method as you need to stop at 100 kn but in this setup you used -50000 and 3200 .we also have the same issue but couldn't able to find out the solution ,please guide us .thanks in advance .