jcd

Can't create entityset for a single node without assigning a property to it

Hello,

I was trying to create a node using,

*createnode 0 0 0 0 0 0;

and then assigning it to an entityset using,

*createmark nodes 1 [hm_latestentityid nodes];
*entitysetcreate "SetName" nodes 1;

However when I go check the created set in the HyperMesh Model GUI under Sets, it doesn't show any nodes added to it.

I'd appreciate any help with this issue.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Q.Nguyen-Dai said:

Your commands work without issue on my Hypermesh.

These commands work for me as well when I type them into the hm tcl console. However, when I use these commands in a script, the set that is created does not have any nodes.

However, if after creating the set and assigning the node to it, I assign a property to the node using tcl script, then the set seems to retain the node that I had assigned earlier.

I'm not really sure why this is happening.

8 hours ago, jcd said:

These commands work for me as well when I type them into the hm tcl console. However, when I use these commands in a script, the set that is created does not have any nodes.

That means your script has bug

Actually, I don't know how to assign property to a node. If you have problem with your script then show it here. We will debug it easily

jcd likes this

13 hours ago, tinh said:

That means your script has bug

Actually, I don't know how to assign property to a node. If you have problem with your script then show it here. We will debug it easi

@tinh : I think I realize where the issue is occuring in my script now. Having said that, I still don't have a fix for it.

To put it very simply, this is my script,

*createnode 0 0 0 0 0 0
*createmark nodes 1 [hm_latestentityid nodes]
*entitysetcreate OneNode nodes 1
*createnode 0 0 5 0 0 0
*entitysetcreate TwoNode nodes 1
*createnode 0 0 10 0 0 0
*entitysetcreate ThreeNode nodes 1
*nodecleartempmark

When I run this script, the three sets, "OneNode","TwoNode" and "ThreeNode" do get created, however only the "ThreeNode" entity set has a node in it. The other two sets have 0 nodes in them. I figured out that due to the use of *nodecleartempmark, only the most recently created node is left which is why ThreeNode has a node in it.

However, my question is that how should I make all three sets retain their nodes and not just the last one.

The following code works for me:

*createnode 0 0 0 0 0 0
*entitysetcreate OneNode nodes 1
*clearmark nodes 1

*createnode 0 0 5 0 0 0
*entitysetcreate TwoNode nodes 1
*clearmark nodes 1

*createnode 0 0 10 0 0 0
*entitysetcreate ThreeNode nodes 1
*clearmark nodes 1

mode_set.png

jcd likes this

@Q.Nguyen-Dai : Yes, my code does work without the *nodecleartempmark statement as well, however I do need to clear the temporary nodes at the end of my program, and if I do so, the added nodes disappear from two of the three entitysets. So my question is how can I make the entity sets retain the added nodes even after *nodecleartempmark is used ?

17 minutes ago, Q.Nguyen-Dai said:

You can't. Because Hypermesh does not keep "temporary" nodes after   "*nodecleartempmark" command.

To keep these nodes, you can creat some lines based on these nodes, or some element?

@Q.Nguyen-Dai : The issue is that I only have to keep these nodes as RefNodes (kind of a point node to represent an entire mass) which is why I cannot create lines or elements with these Nodes as they serve as reference nodes. Hence, I was looking for a solution by which I could convert these temporary nodes to permanent ones so that they remain stored in the entity set.

13 hours ago, jcd said:

@Q.Nguyen-Dai : The issue is that I only have to keep these nodes as RefNodes (kind of a point node to represent an entire mass) which is why I cannot create lines or elements with these Nodes as they serve as reference nodes. Hence, I was looking for a solution by which I could convert these temporary nodes to permanent ones so that they remain stored in the entity set.

If you need a node represents lumped mass, create mass element on it

10 hours ago, tinh said:

If you need a node represents lumped mass, create mass element on it

@tinh : Thank you for that suggestion. It worked perfectly. Just as a side note, I was able to find another hypermesh command called *makepreservednodes which also does the same thing, converts a list of temporary nodes on a mark to preserved nodes which are retained even after using *nodecleartempmark.

tinh likes this