hanifmansor95

[RADIOSS] Result consistency

Hello everybody,

I am conducting a spring design analysis using Hyperworks (Hypermesh, Radioss, Hyperstudy, Hyperview). For the moment, I already have a database of previous analysis done by previous researchers. After I ran one simulation using the same input parameters as the previous study, I noticed that I obtained a slightly different results.

So my question is, is it possible to have a different result despite having the same input parameters? Is there any result consistency with regard to the Radioss solver? What could possibly go wrong? 

BR,

Hanif

Hi Hanif,

Many benchmarks were done in RADIOSS and has shown the consistency of results. If the model set up is correct the results will remain consistent. Please check and ensure that the material parameters, boundary conditions, load cases...etc are all same. 

1 hour ago, George P Johnson said:

Hi Hanif,

Many benchmarks were done in RADIOSS and has shown the consistency of results. If the model set up is correct the results will remain consistent. Please check and ensure that the material parameters, boundary conditions, load cases...etc are all same. 

Hi George,

Thank you for this information. At least I know now that there is no doubt on the consistency of results. I will surely have a check on those things that you mention. 

Thanks again. 

BR,

Hanif