SVT_21

Plot displacement vs force

Hi, 
I'm developing our impact atenuator for an FSAE team based in the crashbox tutorial available by altair.
The simulation gone all right but we are having some trouble to generate the graphics.In hypergraph I 
can't plot the displacement vs force graph, it's shown just a limited number of options in the X type.
I want to know how can I generate the displacement vs force graph of the honeycomb or the graph of a 
point in it.
Please, it's urgent. 

forum anexo.png

Hi,

In HyperGraph, go to File>Load>Preference File>Vehicle Safety Tools and  you will get the Math option in the toolbars. From there you can select Two Curves>Crossplot.

In the file shared its only an example. Similarly choose the option for your case. You can try with Relative Displacement, select the node and select the axis .Now plot the curve which will give you displacement vs time plot.

HI,

I'll update you on the node path option very soon. Meanwhile, you can select the nodes directly for the required measure group and can create the curves.

Hi John,

I am attaching the file with rubber material john i want to apply the force in Positive &   Negative Z  direction  But i know only positive. But i dont know about Negative, Please correct if i am wrong.  I attached image shown below from this file i want to show output of this graph . Please help me to find this..

image.png.0ca2d34bd33953ce4930ca76ebe71161.pngTO_ALTAIR.rar

TO_ALTAIR.rar

Hi Ajay,

Please confirm whether you want to apply Force vs Displacement curve or Load vs Time or Displacement vs Time curve.If its Force vs Displacement, then you have to create a spring element. And since this is a pre tensioned condition use Type 32 property ( pretension spring property) and there you will get an option to provide  Force vs Displacement curve. and you can provide these values in a single curve.

Yes John,

I am using  Force vs time  curve as a input which is in attached file. And i need to get the curve of Force Vs displacement as a output . I have attached the file as well please take a look once.

Here do i need to apply force in Positive & Negative direction as how is it possible in radioss. Please tell me.  

image.png.72d624bc5995b9d684f2164c0759428c.pngForce Vs Displacement  

image.png.35e456efb23d8ed88dc40ba39c862cee.pngTime Vs Force 

Hi Ajay,

For force vs time, you can try these function values in a single curve for concentrated load, where we provide a function for force vs time.

Finally after the analysis use can use cross plot option for plotting Force vs Diplacement curve.

Hi Ajay,

This is a type of sequential loading in RADIOSS. Please go through tutorial RD-3599 (Gasket with HyperMesh) for better understanding on defining the curve.

Please try a similar approach for this case also.

Hi Ajay,

With the existing curves in this model the component will behave in an 'equilibrium' state.

The force applied is also a  very high value, thereby you are trying to ramp a big load in a very less time. This could cause element distortions. 

Please create the curve as in the example mentioned in the last reply.

image.png.297880fbb3c0cd2ec8f810b1c62cd811.png

My client is asking to display this curve is it possible to display this curve in CAE. If it there means do you have any example model please share me it will be helpfull to me.

Hi Ajay,

Can you be bit more clear on the analysis you are trying to perform, as the above curve is transmissibility vs frequency curve.

Hi john,

Thanks for sharing the link but here it shows theatrically according to graph do you have any files for reference which gives understanding in hyper graph.