Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Khushal03

Frequency Response Analysis

Recommended Posts

I am new to frequnecy response analysis and have some queries regrding the same

1. I referred the OS- 1300 module for frquency response and I am not sure about how the values of COUPMASS and WTMASS was taken.

2. I want to apply the base excitation of 1g to my model. How can I do that?

3. In the tutorial the DAREA is applied and dof3 is given value of 20. Does that mean the application of frequnecy with amplitude 20?

4. How can I give the damping of 1% to my system?

Thank You.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Hi Khushal,

On 4/30/2017 at 6:58 PM, Khushal03 said:

1. I referred the OS- 1300 module for frquency response and I am not sure about how the values of COUPMASS and WTMASS was taken.

COUPMASS refer to using of couplled mass matrix approach for eigenvalue analysis. If yes, Coupled mass matrix will be used. WTMASS is a factor which convets weight to mass

PARAM WTMASS has to be used only if you have convert weight in to mass density

 

On 4/30/2017 at 6:58 PM, Khushal03 said:

2. I want to apply the base excitation of 1g to my model. How can I do that?

You can apply enforced acceleration using SPCD and referring the same in RLOAD1 card. 

On 4/30/2017 at 6:58 PM, Khushal03 said:

3. In the tutorial the DAREA is applied and dof3 is given value of 20. Does that mean the application of frequnecy with amplitude 20?

Yes, a load of 20 is applied at a frequency provided in TABLED1

On 4/30/2017 at 6:58 PM, Khushal03 said:

4. How can I give the damping of 1% to my system?

 

If you want to apply a uniform structural damping, use PARAM>>G as specified in tutorial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...