Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Leox,

 

I think you can use solid map for this. First at the end of the 1D elements put 2D elements with dia at the end of the wire and create Solid (hex) elements by using node path option. select  beam nodes as node path. 

 

After that you can use sureface--> from Geometry option to create geometry in hypermesh.

 

 

fresh1.PNG

 

fresh2.PNG

leox likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Hi Leox,

There is no direct option available to extract the geometry from 1D elements. 

Similarly as the option above you can also try with the drag option (2D>Drag)  to create a surface and/or mesh by dragging a series of nodes or lines, or to create elements by dragging selected elements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks to all for your replies.

I found a way to export geometry from all CBEAM elements of model automatically. It works perfect with circular section elements.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Leox, could you tell where are the information of 1d element geometry (coordinates or? ) in .fem file? I just found the coordinates of notes. I am trying mapping a 1d bar element to 2d element.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bin said:

Hi Leox, could you tell where are the information of 1d element geometry (coordinates or? ) in .fem file? I just found the coordinates of notes. I am trying mapping a 1d bar element to 2d element.

Hi Bin,

you can find information about coordinates and element ID in "Bulk data" section of Hypermesh user guide.

how much 1D elements are in your .fem file?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017年8月25日 at 0:27 PM, leox said:

Hi Bin,

you can find information about coordinates and element ID in "Bulk data" section of Hypermesh user guide.

how much 1D elements are in your .fem file?

 

hi Leox,

 

Thank you for your answer. I just got the result of 1d optimization, and do not formally start my work. But the number of 1d elements should be not large. 

 

In your method, with  your c++ code the fem file will be modified, and when you input it back to hypermesh, the 3d geometry is ready? Could you tell me your process? Because I would like to get a 2d geometry of optimization based on 1d beam, then modify it and mesh it to a new 2d model for calculation. If I use a cad software for the middle step, it seems that  I cannot get a automatisch process.  Now I am thinking of different ideas without help of a cad software. For example, Prakash above also mentioned the method with a script. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bin said:

hi Leox,

 

Thank you for your answer. I just got the result of 1d optimization, and do not formally start my work. But the number of 1d elements should be not large. 

 

In your method, with  your c++ code the fem file will be modified, and when you input it back to hypermesh, the 3d geometry is ready? Could you tell me your process? Because I would like to get a 2d geometry of optimization based on 1d beam, then modify it and mesh it to a new 2d model for calculation. If I use a cad software for the middle step, it seems that  I cannot get a automatisch process.  Now I am thinking of different ideas without help of a cad software. For example, Prakash above also mentioned the method with a script. 

In my method the FEM file is converted in IGES file.

The whole geometry of the model is ready (1d and 3d elements) and you can eventually edit on CAD software before importing on HM again.

You get 3d geometry of 1d CBEAM elements, with assigned PBEAML property.

Actually i m not sharing it.

If you want to test you can send me the .fem file and i will send you back IGES.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017年8月27日 at 0:27 PM, leox said:

In my method the FEM file is converted in IGES file.

The whole geometry of the model is ready (1d and 3d elements) and you can eventually edit on CAD software before importing on HM again.

You get 3d geometry of 1d CBEAM elements, with assigned PBEAML property.

Actually i m not sharing it.

If you want to test you can send me the .fem file and i will send you back IGES.

 

 

Hi Leox,

 

Thank you for your help. Right now I do not need to test something, but focus on different ideas.

Have you known or tried "ossmooth" for this process? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2017 at 1:26 AM, Prakash Pagadala said:

@leox

 

You can try below script whcih works with PBARL and PBEAML elements. 

BARtoShell.PNG

this script does not work for my model

it says, the properties are not valid Nastran PBEAML T-beams

i tried both nastran and optistruct 

 

i am using HW2017

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...