Dear All,

I try to do simple heat transfer simulation by following OS-1385.

when I run the simulation I got Error 1000 message, I know that the CGAP material does not have material, but in the OS-1385, the CGAP also doesn't have material too.

Please your advise.

Best regards,

Iron_man

CASE01.fem

Hi,

Looks like you have selected nodes and elements from same component. 

Try to create a node set for nodes which are in component1 collector and try again. 

Hi @Iron_Man59

Well if you try the same tutorial in HW 12.0 it will work but not in 13.0, 14.0 and 2017 because these versions create shell elements instead.

We reported it and dev team is working on it. It would be fixed in next release. 

Hello @Iron_Man59

I had the exact same issue a few days ago and i just solved it.

It seems that the script used by HM to create CGAP elements remains unfinished so you have to perform a few steps manually to make it work.

When you create the CGAP elements, HM creates temporary shell elements. Those elements are not visible yet, you need to hide then show your CGAP component to see those shells. You can suppress them, they are useless.

The second issue is that the CGAP you created are not attached to the nodes you selected before in your nodeset. To solve this, you need to perform an equivalence (Tool > faces > equivalence) between your CGAP component and the mesh they are supposed to be attached to.

With those two steps, the tutorial OS-1385 works just fine for me (on HW 14.0).

Greetings,