fantomas

Material card for multi material 3d printed component

Hello,

I want to make a static analysis of a multi material 3d printed component. Like it's an anisotropic behavior I choose radioss to perform the analysis. My question is, how to model the fact that the materials properties are not the same in the component ? It is possible to create a custom material card for this kind of application? And define a function that control the material change in the component.

I attached a pictures showing what king of component I want to study, with a smooth material transition.

Thk 

Nice day 

F

cdcdcdcdc.PNG

Hi,

Please check the Help Menu for /MAT/LAW87, which is elasto-plastic law developed for anisotropic materials. Else,various composite material formulations are also available for RADIOSS.

You can also refer /MAT/USERij in the Help Menu to know more on user defined material laws.

Thk you for your reply. I will have a look.

Do you think that if I want a material properties distribution like the image above I can use the MAT USER card by creating a custom function?

gradient-bicubic-6-7-7-10.png

Hi,

You can try with /MAT/LAW87 which is a material law for anisotropic materials.

With /MAT/USERij also you can create user material law.

Hi,

I recommend you to go through the Help Menu on anisotropic materials for OptiStruct and there are several material cards available on the same based on the applications.

Also, please go through OS-1100: Thermal Stress Analysis of a Printed Circuit Board with Anisotropic Material Properties tutorial in the Help Menu.

Thk you.

I will use the mat card for radioss solver they seem to be more flexible (with the USERij)

I saw that there is a way to make optimization with radioss and optistruct by creatng another specific input file for the translation of data to radioss to optistruct (that perfomr the opti problem).

Do mat card specific to radioss like the USERij is applicable for opti problem?

Hi,

Please go through Example 51 - Optimization in RADIOSS for B-Pillar in the Help Menu which shows the set up for an optimization problem in RADIOSS.

/MAT/USERij is specific to RADIOSS solver.

Hi, 

It is possible to run optimization in RADIOSS. But the cards used for this are not yet updated in HyperMesh and you have to manually (using Textpad or Notepad)  enter the optimization variables in the .radopt file. And so, I suggest you to try with OptiStruct for the same and many tutorials are also available in the Help Menu.