Flip1303

Output of optional responses

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the output of optional responses. I would like to have optional responses like Comp/volFrac/Mass/Stress/... in the output file, even if they are not constraint.

I know that I have to use resprint to have all constraint responses in the output and dreport for not constraint responses. But I can not find a really good description of how to use dreport. Do I have to use rebsub in the subcases? Why do I get an error sometimes?

*** ERROR # 557 ***
 DRESP1 5 is not referenced above the first SUBCASE.
 This type of response must be specified above the first 
 SUBCASE.
 This error occurs in REPSUB 101.

I already used dreport and it worked out but not for all responses. So could you give me a desription of how to use dreport  just to make sure I have no mistake in my modell? And could someone tell me how to specifie a response "above" the first subcase!?

Best regards!

Hi @Prakash PagadalaI have the same question: I want to display an optional response  (displacement of a specific node) in the output file. Could you give us a short explanation? I couldn't find a tutorial.

Thanks in advance,

Kai

On 7/16/2017 at 7:42 PM, Flip1303 said:

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the output of optional responses. I would like to have optional responses like Comp/volFrac/Mass/Stress/... in the output file, even if they are not constraint.

I know that I have to use resprint to have all constraint responses in the output and dreport for not constraint responses. But I can not find a really good description of how to use dreport. Do I have to use rebsub in the subcases? Why do I get an error sometimes?

I already used dreport and it worked out but not for all responses. So could you give me a desription of how to use dreport  just to make sure I have no mistake in my modell? And could someone tell me how to specifie a response "above" the first subcase!?

Best regards!

Please give a try by deleting existing loadstep . Recreate loadstep using Analysis page loadstep & update objective too with earlierl setting.

3 hours ago, Prakash Pagadala said:

Hi kai

Use RESPRINT= ALL to print unretained responses to .out file. 

Hi @Prakash Pagadala,

unfortunately this just seems to work with responses, which are referenced either as an objective or a constraint. My response isn't referenced by any of that.

Is there another solution?

best regards,

Kai

52 minutes ago, Prakash Pagadala said:

Hi Kai,

Try DREPORT. It will output responses which are not used as optimization criteria.

Ok so I entered DREPORT,99,1 in the BULK_UNSUPPORTED_CARD. This leads to an Warning in the .out file:

*** WARNING 1931:  DREPORT SID=  99 is not referenced by Case Control.

Where should I reference the DREPORT SID? 

Thanks in advance,

Kai

Hi Kai,

Which version of HyperWorks are you using?

In 2017 there is a small bug which does not read RESPUB. You need to manually edit the deck and input the RESPUB. Here is a snapshot of RESPUB

RESPUB= (DREPORT_ID)RESPUB.PNG