lambefr

kjoint2 initial angle

I am trying to trouble shoot  a problem I am having with a kjoint2 in Radioss.  Can you help me understand the way the initial angle is outputed in the starter file?  I use two node reference systems (skew_ID1 and skew_ID2 in kjoint2 card) that have a rotation between their Z axis (see image below).  The rotation can be seen in the TH/spring (~0.5rad) when I plot it in Hyperview but I can't seem to understand how it is showed in the starter file (all numbers below "initial angle" are 0?).  Can you help me understand the starter file info please?

Radioss_BJ_angle_V19_5.thumb.png.3493e7d9ba443089d8a14c3ff89d51dc.png

Radioss_BJ_angle_V19_4.png.d45f21f028973b5036754c3b48ee02d8.png

Radioss_BJ_angle_V19_3.thumb.png.8b4b3dcc2e076f2a89e01c7696aada2e.png

Also see my other post: 

Hi,

This is a bug in the printout of the initial angles in the starter output file *_0000.out. The angles that are printed in the /TH file are the correct ones.

This will be fixed in the next RADIOSS version.

Ok thank you!  I was trying to us the printout info to debug my kjoint2 problem and was getting confused because of the contradicting angle between the *_0000.out and the /TH.  I will concentrate on the /TH info.