Sign in to follow this  
karmanya

Composite Wheel - Closed thin wall section

Hi,

I am trying to create a laminate for curved closed thin wall section. The cross section has been split up into different components because of the way the part is designed. In the design the layup changes in different parts of the cross section, and in this method I could group elements according to selector so I can assign elements to different plys. I am having trouble creating the laminate.

I was wondering if I could get some help create a laminate with the shell mesh as the outer most surface. When I try, I get the laminates to build on top of the shell and there is no continuity with the elements at each corner. There also seems to be an error regarding element normals.

Thank you ! 

Composite_2.hm

laminate.png

Thank you George for the tutorials, i was able to get use a combination of element normals and z0 to stack the plys in the direction required. However, how do you deal with corners? I am  getting a cris-cross at the corners and unsure how to get the plys to bend ontop of each other.

Hi Prakash, how do i check flow? 

@karmanya

What do you mean by corners? Can you share a picture please?

Element normal direction is important for stacking. 

You can run the analysis and check the stress flow.