José Luís Medeiros Thiesen

Spring connection between two componentes

I'm modeling a representative volume element that it's basicaly made by a cylinder inserted into a cube. I need to make a spring contact between this two parts, changing the spring stiffness i want to analyse the perfect and the imperfect contact. Anybody has a tip to build this model with spring elements (CBUSH) only in the common nodes between the cylinder and the rest of the cube? Those spring elements need to be at a cylindric system.

I have something like this:

Capture.JPG

You can use either 1D linear to create or use connectors>> Spot weld>> Springs and update to CBUSH with CID

Hi together,

i try to achieve the same thing. I create the face elements over faces, find faces and put them in two new components. Afterwards i try to connect them over linear 1D. Now I get the error: 2 meshs elem orders differ. Is there anything else i need to consider?

After this step, do i have to delete the two face meshes created?

Thanks for your help!

Sebastian

HI,

Do you get this error during analysis or during modelling?

I don't see a point for having face elements. 

I tried to use the model created by tinh in the earlier post. (cbush.hm) I get the error during the modelling.

I extracted the face elements from both components and tried to connect them over 1d linear. 

As Input i selected: from (face elems component number one) to (face elems components number two)

When i press the create button i receive this error message. (2 meshs elem orders differ)

Is there anything I am doing wrong?

Is there a need to define the allignment or the density?

Thank you for your help!

Sebastian

Hi,

Did you extract face elements of the elements which are part of hole on blue component?

Also check the  alignment as @tinh suggested.

Another workaround (You don't have to create face elements)  is to use Connectors>> Spot>> Spring. Select the nodes and components and create CELAS1 elements. Goto connectors browser and delete connectors (not connectors and FE)

Now go to springs panel>> update>> change element type to CBUSH>> select all CLEAS1 elements>> update element type.