denizbilgili

Problem when defining a multi-body deformable surface contact

Dear all,

I am trying to define a multi-body deformable surface contact for Optistruct using MBDCNTDS type of interface. Below image shows the doc page for this type of interface. As the docs say, I have made an MBDSRF type node set to use as the deformable surface. I am able to pass this MBDSRF type of set into the SRFID entry of the MBDCNTDS . So no issues with the deformable surface part.

However, when I try to make a node set for the SID1 entry in MBDCNTDS, it will not accept any of my node sets which are saved as entity sets. I have tried using many different card images (SET_GRID and many other), still, the SID1 entry of the MBDCNTDS  I'm setting up will not see my node set.

I would be grateful if you could share any information with me regarding the type of node set I should use which can be passed into the SID1 entry of MBDCNTDS.

Relevant info: I'm using Hyperworks 2017

Best regards,

Deniz Bilgili

Capture.PNG

Hi,

I tried on Student Edition of HyperWorks 2017 and it works fine at my end. 

1) Create a set_Grid (which is SID1--> Master in Interface panel)

2) Create a MBDSRF (which is SRFID-->Slave set in Interface panel)

Hello Prakash,

Thank you for your response, and apologies for my late response, I have been out of work for some time.

When I use the Analysis -> Interfaces -> Add panel, I am able to select a SET_GRID for SID1 and MBDSRF for SRFID as you said. However, when I use the Analysis -> Interfaces -> Create panel to create an interface and then use the tree item to assign entity sets to SID1 and MBDSRF, the problem I mentioned in my first post occurs. Please see below images.

1.png.df65f53b6471122281239840a607b59d.png

Figure 1

2.png.a06784c6f0b898f0737803119d8534c9.png

Figure 2

Another point is, when I use the Analysis -> Interfaces -> Add panel, it does let me select a SET_GRID for SID1; however, even though the tree item says 1 set is assigned to SID1, when I press on the sets button as shown above in Figure 1 to view the assigned set, it again gives me a blank screen just like it shows in Figure 1.

Could this be a possible bug? I haven't tried to run an analysis so I do not know yet whether it will be able to use the assigned sets or not.

Thank you for your time,

Best regards