Sign in to follow this  
Taylor

Run Terminating

George,

I appreciate the help. As it turned out, when the CAD model was exported from Solid Edge it changed the model from a surface to a solid, which created the issue you described. Thanks again.

If possible, would you be able to help with another issue? I've updated the model and I believe I have a decently working version. When ran in Radioss, it ends with "Normal Termination", 0 Errors, and 0 Warnings, however the simulation ends fairly quickly and doesn't seem to any output data. I'm fairly certain there is some small error that I'm not recognizing due to inexperience.

For reference: There are 0 intersections and 0 penetrations, however there is a warning in the model checker: Boundary Condition Cards(1) -> Number of Boundary Conditions (1).

Additionally, it is outputting an .OUT, .RST, and .M00 file. I doubt that's relevant, however I'm listing it just to give full info. The .OUT file is attached if it helps any.

Again, I'm not sure what is going on as the simulation appears to not have many issues but is not outputting any data. My only guess is the definition of the rigid wall or boundary conditions is incorrect, however I have no evidence to believe so.

Cylinder2_NewVersion3_0000.out

Hi Taylor,

The starter out file seems to be fine. Can you please share the engine and engine out (_0001.out) files?.

If possible please share the model file through the secure dropbox so that we can review the model.

George,

I see no '_0001.out' file. Maybe that has something to do with the issue. The model is a basic model used for me to learn on, so I have no issue sharing.

Thanks

George,

What turned out to be the issue was I was not solving the _0001 file in the Radioss solver. The tutorials I had read only had shown to solve the _0000 file, so I didn't think to do this initially. I had a feeling it was an oversight on my part -  I guess I was right. 

As embarrassing as it is, I'm replying here to thank you for the support and to leave documentation for anyone in the future who runs into the same problem.

Rahul R likes this