Sign in to follow this  
raviteja.p

Assigning tapering thickness

It's possible to do that with SAMCEF solver too. But I can not found the simple way to distribute variable thickness to shell elements.

I have to write myself a TCL script to determine good thichness at node and make a correct card for each element.

Hi,

Finally I got the answer for my question, Here is it have a look.

There are 2 options to do so

1)      Menu bar>mesh>create>midsurface>

2)      Utility menu>Geometry mesh>midsurface thickness

Note: need to create a dummy property named as “t0” and the property as Pshell (no need to give any value for thickness, leave it as is.

1)Menu bar>mesh>create>midsurface>

This option will automatically extract the midsurface and assigns the thickness according to it. But it will do auto surface editing after extracting the mid, It may not connect the surfaces as required.

2)Utility menu>Geometry mesh>midsurface thickness

This option will consider the existing elements for assigning the thickness. Here u r allowed to do the surface editing. But the surface which u r meshing should be extracted mid surface of the required Geometry.

>Property on element

>AutoThere are 2 options to do so

1)      Menu bar>mesh>create>midsurface>

2)      Utility menu>Geometry mesh>midsurface thickness

Note: need to create a dummy property named as “t0” and the property as Pshell (no need to give any value for thickness, leave it as is.

1)Menu bar>mesh>create>midsurface>

This option will automatically extract the midsurface and assigns the thickness according to it. But it will do auto surface editing after extracting the mid, It may not connect the surfaces as required.

2)Utility menu>Geometry mesh>midsurface thickness

This option will consider the existing elements for assigning the thickness. Here u r allowed to do the surface editing. But the surface which u r meshing should be extracted mid surface of the required Geometry.

>Property on element

>Auto

>Range interval: Allow u to decide the density of the layers in its length

post-9665-0-72937600-1382077154_thumb.jp

kanney and extrmDovahkiin like this

hi

i am novice at hypermesh i am trying to learn how to assign thickness using the utility option but i canot see any change in the thickness of the element .pls let me know if you have any material or help on this i did follow your steps but still i am not getting any thickness

Hi there,

Is that possible to assign a tapering(varying) thickness for a shell element.

Thanks in advance

Try this option, Mesh-create-Midsurf mesh, its a automated process manager which will create the mesh and apples the thickness for the elements with respective to geometry thickness. You ca specify the element length, geometry parameters for fillets, hole watchers, etc.