Sign in to follow this  

Needed Help regarding the Joint for Stitch

Hi,

I am Yeshwanth, currently working on a project related to Side-Airbag deployment from the seat. I have attached an image(seat_cover_c6airbag.jpg) showing the location of the Airbag located internally. The Airbags volume increases initially and this causes the threads on the seat-cover to fail and hence the airbag deploys outside. To represent the threads on the seat-cover I defined Spring Elements between two nodes(by creating a gap between elements) which would fail (break for airbag deployment) as shown in image 'Spring_elements.jpg'. My concern is the approach of using the Spring elements to represent the thread is just a rough way, however to achieve accurate results I would like to use a connection which would represent the continuous thread from the start to end of the location. Could you please suggest with a connection that would represent the thread in the best possible way? I am using the Softwares HyperMesh, HyperCrash and RADIOSS.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Yeshwanth M

Hi Yeshwanth,

This approach seems to be fine. For threads provide stifness only in X direction (Tx value) in the /PROP/TYPE13 card and leave all other  stiffness as zero.

Also provide the failure parameters for the spring.