Hi @luisousa.92

You can start trimming with small portions and make the solid mappable. If the model is symmetric, you can slice into two half and use one half form trimming and meshing and reflect the elements at the end.

sOLIDMAP.PNG

I tried do it, but in the last volume it allways appear as impossible do mappable. It refers like this '' Non-mappable(2): along-faces from 1 loops, need 2" .

I tried to meshing it with tetramesh, and it works, but i am comparing values and i need meshing it like solid map.

Thank you for your help.

PS: How can i slice it in two or four, because it is symmetric.

Another question.

I am analysing this shape in FEM analyses where i apply four forces on vertices of top, in Z direction, with constrains on  vertices of bottom. do i need to mesh it all or just one part?

I really thank you for your help.

Best regards.

Hi,

If it symmetric on four sides, you can slice the component to four and use 1/4th for meshing. There would be cases where all regions will be mappable. In such cases you need to mesh them manually using element drag or other options.

4 minutes ago, luisousa.92 said:

I am analysing this shape in FEM analyses where i apply four forces on vertices of top, in Z direction, with constrains on  vertices of bottom. do i need to mesh it all or just one part?

Yes, you need to mesh entire model. 

Hi can you send me this hm. file?

13 hours ago, Prakash Pagadala said:

Hi @luisousa.92

You can start trimming with small portions and make the solid mappable. If the model is symmetric, you can slice into two half and use one half form trimming and meshing and reflect the elements at the end.

sOLIDMAP.PNG

@dhananjay1308

No. It is not mandatory to make the solid mappable first and mesh the solid with hexas. One can start manually meshing. 

But making the solid mappable makes life easy.