Sign in to follow this  
Mubeen

Tetra Mesh - Parameters String

Hi all,

I have a question after reading the documentation:

for tetra meshing using tcl command *tetmesh the script needs to use strings containing various mesh controls and parameters, e.g. "tet: ...", "2d: ...", "size_ctrl: ...", and "pars: ..." 

I am using following parameters in the last string "pars":

"pars: vol_skew=0.8  tet_clps=0.2  aspect=6 Skew=30 vol_ar=5"

However, when I run the script, Hypermesh simply fails to recognize this string, and terminates :(

*createstringarray 2  "tet: 35 $growth_rate 2 $max_size 0.8 2 0" "2d: $elem_order $elem_type 1 $elem_size_2d $min_size_2d 30 1" "pars: vol_skew=0.8  tet_clps=0.2  aspect=6 Skew=30 vol_ar=5"

*tetmesh solids 1 0 elements 0 -1 1 3

For further reference kindly see the online documentation about tetmesh:

http://www.altairhyperworks.com/hwhelp/Altair/hw12.0/help//hwdref/hwdref.htm?_tetmesh.htm

Anyone with some hints to the reasons for failure of this string, kindly help.

Best regards,

Mubeen. 

Hi tinh,

thanks for the reply, I replaced " *createstringarray 2" with "*createstringarray 3", but the problem is not resolved :( i.e.

*createstringarray 3  "tet: 35 $growth_rate 2 $max_size 0.8 2 0" "2d: $elem_order $elem_type 1 $elem_size_2d $min_size_2d 30 1" "pars: vol_skew=0.8  tet_clps=0.2  aspect=6 Skew=30 vol_ar=5"

*tetmesh solids 1 0 elements 0 -1 1 3

doesn't work either.

I tried something strange, instead. I appended the quality parameters string directly to the *tetmesh command

*createstringarray 2  "tet: 35 $growth_rate 2 $max_size 0.8 2 0" "2d: $elem_order $elem_type 1 $elem_size_2d $min_size_2d 30 1"
*tetmesh solids 1 0 elements 0 -1 1 2 "pars: vol_skew=0.8  tet_clps=0.2  aspect=6 Skew=30 vol_ar=5"

This way, there is no error shown by Hypermesh, but I am not sure if the string parameters were used by Hypermesh during the meshing.

hi Mubeen

your string array has 3 strings

so try replace "*createstringarray 2" to "*createstringarray 3"