Pratheeksha

issue regarding to embed software

Dear sir/ madam,

I am Pratheeksha  working as embedded engineer TenetTechnetronics( Banglore).I am currently exploring embed and I have got C2000 piccolo launchpad  from TI and I was trying to run a simple BLINK code. However, when I tried to compile and download , I got these two errors below. 

I have  installed CSS version 6.2 and my embed version is the 2017.1.

Please find the above attached doccuments regarding to the problem that i have faced and please rectify the above issue.

embed error.docx

Hi Pratheeksha,

The sT Embed compiler is unable to find C2000 driver installation path. Its very simple to rectify the above said problem. Please follow the steps mentioned below for solving the issue.

Step 1: Go to CCS installation folder and find C2000 compiler path, usually you will find the path as "C:\ti\ccsv6\tools\compiler\c6000_7.4.12". Copy this path without quotes. See below image for more info

CCS.PNG.603374c4ed60c2ef4e610d28176a06ac.PNG

Step 2: Go to sT Embed installation folder and find the "cg folder", usually the path is "C:\sTEmbed2017\cg". Search for "dosrun28.bat" file. See below image for more info.

59eeedc95e980_Cgfolder.thumb.PNG.8816f93ae948f14d08e481b2fd206073.PNG

Step 3: Paste the above mentioned CCS C2000 compiler path in that batch file under "set CG5DIR=". Save and close the batch file. See below image for more info. 

dos28.thumb.PNG.7cff5fe12b09f8b0b751729daab66a74.PNG

Now you can run sT Embed without any errors. If you still find difficulty.  Post it here.

Thanks & Regards

Athieshkumar T - The Great

Hi Pratheeksha,

The download error is due to two reasons.

Reason 1: Check two CTS switches in your launchpad named CTS and CTS 204-3 (bootable mode). Both the swithches are in ON position i.e.,  UP (near to 204-211 and 1, 2, 3). Check for Blue colored marking.

F28027.PNG.48acec169932267bfa40cdcd870e7370.PNG

Reason 2: Check Clock source in F28027 configuration block, it should be Internal Oscillator 1. If it is external oscillator/external crystal. change it won't work. Check Blue colored box.

Clock.PNG.d328f0288b9ece62c59e2596add184c3.PNG

Reason 3: Check Target in Tools --> Code Gen --> Code Generation properties as "F280x" and if it is there, the system automatically takes Subtarget as "F28027"

Codegen.PNG.f376f7c4bae348bfcd1a0bcdcdaa10ce.PNG

If you still find difficulty.  Post it here.

Thanks & Regards

Athieshkumar T - The Great

Dear,

I have similar problem (Please find the attached file) when trying to Blink the LED with F28069M lanchpad.

I have installed ccsv6, embed2017.2, and Altair License Manager 14.0.2 win64.

I have already edit the configuration of dosrun28 file as explained above.

Have you an idea about this issue?

Thnx

error.docx

Hello Brahim,

It looks like Embed is having issues locating your CCS installation. That could be for many reasons one of them is that you installed Embed before installing CCS. Whatever the case I recommend you update to Embed 2019 which can automatically install the necessary TI compiler. You will anyway see improvements in the software in version 2019 so it is generally recommended.

If for any reason you would like to stay on version 2017 you will need to hand edit cg\setdsp2x.bat and fix it like this:

Rem set path to TI C Compiler

if "%VS_DIR%" == "" set VS_DIR=c:\stembed2017

rem set compiler path

call c:\ti\DosRun

if not "%DSP_C_DIR%" == "" set C_DIR=%DSP_C_DIR%

if exist .\dosrun24.bat call dosrun24.bat

if exist .\dosrun28.bat call dosrun28.bat

Please let me know if your issue is still not fixed or need further help.