Jan Grasmannsdorf

OptiStruct Reanalysis

Question 1

I tried to create a Tetra Volumemesh, but unfortunately can't pick the surfaces that are requested in the menu

Answer: Please change to the "Element" or "Comp" Selection in the submenu "Tetra mesh". This will allow to create a tetmesh based on surface elements.

The submenu "Volume Tetra" asks for a selection of "CAD surfaces", which you do not have in your model.

Question 2:

I performed a re-analysis of my results. Now I will see two different result windows - one for the design results and one with the structural loadcase results. Is there an option to see the two results in one common result plot (= 1 result file with density and displacement results)?

Answer:

You can define the Entry "DENSITY, H3D, ALL" in your optimization inputfile (in HyperMesh through setup - create - control cards - DENSITY): this will allow to plot the displacement or stress contour on the optimized iso surface in HyperView (density and displacements will be in one common result file).

image.thumb.png.cec37db5959c7e47d0653d18565e22ad.png

Jan

image.png