Romain B

Parameters of a macro

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to let the user give parameters to a macro without those parameters being Flux parameters (IO or geometric).

Simple example: I want to make a macro that computes the parameters of a non-meshed coil. The user can enter the dimensions of the iron core as well as the maximal size of the coil and the thickness of the insulation. Yet, I do not want these input values to be saved as geometric parameters, I only want to keep the four resulting values as parameters that Flux needs. Can I do this?

Thanks in advance,

Romain

Hi,

If I well understand your question, you can use input like that :

"""@param NbMaxIterParam      I04                          1 1 10                   Maximum number of iterations (must be > or = to 3)"""

Just replace I04 (integer) by R08 (double) or C80 (character)

Regards

Yann

Louis Carlioz likes this

Hi,

Not really. We want to work on a documentation, but it will be not available before mid 2018.

To give a small answer, you can use all the entities available in Flux. The special cases are the cases I have give to you  : 

I04 : integer

R08 : double

C80 : character

You can also look at the macros deliver with Flux to be inspire.

Regards

Yann

Louis Carlioz likes this

Hi Romain,

A member of my team informed me that a small documents already exist (Thanks Abdessamed)

You will find these documents attached.

One on pyflux, python for Flux (Altair_Memento_pyFlux_GB-v2.2.pdf) and the other on the usage of python in Flux (Altair_Memento_python_GB-v2.1.pdf)

These are memento (so you have to print them and fold them into four parts like an accordion)

Best regards

Yann

Altair_Memento_pyFlux_GB-v2.2.pdf

Altair_Memento_python_GB-v2.1.pdf