Hi all,

I intend to compare the ProMan results of time variant simulation to those of the non time variant results for every time step.

I want to do this to better understand the time variant simulation results.

when I perform,  Edit >> Subtract data >> Value (file, linear), I get the following error message.

"The currently displayed data contains values at the following time steps 0.0000s, 1.0000s, 2.0000s, 3.0000s, 4.0000s, 5.0000s, 6.0000s, 7.0000s, 8.0000s, 9.0000s, 10.0000s, 11.0000s, 12.0000s, 13.0000s, 14.0000s. The data in the selected file contains values at the time step 0.0000s. Currently time step 1.0000s is displayed! but no matching time step found in selected file! Time steps do not match. No operation possible!"

please help me compare the results

Thanks

Balaji

Time-variant results are snapshots in time, in which the moving objects have been moved along a certain distance. Those results will be identical to non-time-variant results for a geometry with objects in the same positions. To my knowledge, the movement in a time-variant simulation does not give you a Doppler shift.

The direct comparison of time-variant and non-time-variant simulation results is not possible in ProMan, but as workaround you can export the results to ASCII files via File => Export => Export Data (Area) => Export ASCII (All) and then compare using a text editor.

As already mentioned for the same object geometries the time-variant and non-time-variant results will be identical.

Thanks a lot for your kind responses. I can visually interpret that the time variant and non time variant results are identical.

However, I plan on exporting results into ASCII and re-compare.

I sincerely appreciate your contribution towards my queries.

Thanks

Balaji

Dear reinerh, mvogel,  my apologies, I stand corrected,  in my previous comment above, I mentioned that both time variant and non time variant results look identical visually. However, those are not exactly identical in the entire prediction area. I see sharp contrasts especially towards the edges of prediction area. I tried to view the prediction in 3D, however time variant 3D view is responding very very slow.

I tried to export results and compare, however the time variant ASCII file is very huge (~700-800MB). It could be because time variant model Is exporting data for all time instances which I don't need. Please advise if there is a way I can extract data only for single time instant? Also, please advise if I can 3D view the time variant simulation result without hanging my ProMan.

Please advise

Thanks

Balaji