Sign in to follow this  
Yogi Adi Wijaya

Transformation from Global to Local Coordinate

Good afernoon ladies and gentlemen.

I am Yogi, a students from Indonesia. I have a problem to using local coordinate, using RADIOSS software. The problem begin, when I am finished input the new 'local coordinate' (system), and inputed the imposed (VELOCITY) using Y-Direction.  How, I change the direction of IMPVEL from Y - direction at global coordinate, became to Y - direction at local coordinate. Please hel me, to sloved this problem. Thank you.

Regards,

Yogi Adi Wijaya

asking.jpg

Hi,

While defining the imposed velocity (/IMPVEL) we have the option to select the local skew created. Please select the skew here so that the load will follow the defined skew.

skew.PNG

Hi Johnson,

I have included the influence of skew, but the results is sill not good. Then, I read a reference and found the difference between 'SKEW' and 'FRAME'. I think in this case, I must created the 'local Frame' . So, how to apllied the local Frame and then assigned to Imposed Velocity ?

Regards,

Yogi

Hi,

Create the local system and card edit the system to change it to 'frame'.

ce.PNG

To update the same in /IMPVEL, card edit the same load collector and update this frame as shown in the image below.

card+_edit.PNG

Hi Johnson,

I have tried to change a IMPVEL direction from global to local coordinate, but still can't be worked. Maybe I give you a RADIOSS file, to help me how to change the velocity direction from 'X global coordinates' to 'X local coordinates'.

Please, help me to solve this problem. I am waiting four your answer, thank you.

Regards,

Yogi

Need_help_0000.rad

Need help_0001.rad

save file.PNG

Hi Yogi,

I just created a local system and assigned the same to /IMPVEL and it works fine. Create your local system and assign.

In HyperCrash you can always review the loads applied.

hc.PNG

model1_0000.rad