Sign in to follow this  
Álvaro

Export all type of elements from Hypermesh to Ansys Workbench

Hello Everyone,

I have a complete model in Hypermesh: components, mesh, materials, properties, .... I would like to export that model from Hypermesh to Ansys Workbench, so that someone who does not work with Hypermesh can use Workbench.

Firstly, I followed the tutorial HM-4410 from Hypermesh Help (https://altairhyperworks.com/hwhelp/Altair/hw13.0/help/hm/introduction_to_ansys_model_setup_-_hm-4410.htm?toc=0&printWindow). Then, I added sensors for different types of elements and I export a .cdb file; as you can read in the tutorial. 

Later, I imported the flie .cdb to Ansys Workbench following a You Tube video (How to import Meshed file from hypermesh to ansys). However, when I open the Model clicking twice on the tap Finite Element Modeler, Ansys can't show all type of elements specifically elements 1D (mass, rod, beam, rigids, etc). In my case, the model has rigid, spring, shell, rod and beam elements; so I am reading in several tutorials and forums that rigid elements don't need a sensor but Ansys can't read them.

My question is: what do I have to do to get an identical model in hypermesh and ansys?

The pictures below show a simple model with that problem. In the first one you can see the hypermesh model with 1580 nodes and 1498 elements (shell, rigid, mass), and the other two pictures depict the ansys model (Finite element model).  Ansys model has 1580 nodes and 1495 elements, so the three rigids elements (CERIG) haven not been read.

Thank you for your time.

image.thumb.png.c4b8e2f83835985defa3d449b12f7c26.png

image.thumb.png.8017b657278efc071cbc5a1602e5aaca.png

image.png.e76cc3600ae453c51dd635c42fc8ef59.png